Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Keeper of the House and Wrangler of the Children

I am the Keeper of the House and Wrangler of the Children. It's a hard job, but that's what I do.

I was told Monday night that The Man would appreciate it if I made brownies, or even my famous Brownie Cookie Cake, by Tuesday night to bring in to work. Well, I started making it Tuesday night when The Man and Little Man went to sleep. I was already making my brownies and realized that I am out of cocoa powder, and I already had it all mixed together, so then I look over my recipes and try to find one that uses the amount I already had mixed together of sugar and flour and hopefully 2 1/2 sticks of butter...well, I settled on making a double batch of my peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. Now a single batch makes too many cookies for us to eat in a week, so half of it will be frozen. I ended up burning the first batch I baked, so I had to turn the temp down a few degrees...our oven is hard to set properly, I really need a thermometer in there. So after I made enough cookies (that weren't burned) for his co-workers to have 2 each, I cleaned up and went to bed...this was at 2am. The little man wakes up anywhere from 7 - 8:30, and was up till almost 10 this night, so I was hoping for at least 8:30, if not later, well, he was up at 7:30. So I get up, even though I've been dealing with painful Mittlesmertz the whole night, even with meds and a heating pad. I then get him fed and get my coffee, I need that coffee.

Now I'm working on my second cup of coffee and waiting for a nap (please don't skip one again) so I can start my tomato seeds and sew a diaper and list diapers for sale on line. All of this is on top of being Keeper of the House and Wrangler of the Children (Child). This is a busy life, but I do enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!