Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Already thinking about the garden

I usually go into a crazy garden planning period at the beginning of every year, but this year is especially bad. I have our new garden planned out and it shouldn't need too much tweaking. It's going to be a pretty tradition style garden but it's about double what we had at the old house. Living on a acre also allows me to plant corn. In addition to corn, I am growing: tomatoes, green beans, squash, zucchini, cucumbers, onions, broccoli (new), lettuce (new), pumpkin, bell peppers, possibly hot peppers (new), and sweet potatoes (new). I'm taking on quite a few new vegetables, so I'll need lots of luck. I'm also toying with planting strawberries or blueberries. I don't want to do too much, but I'm pretty ambitious so I'll probably do both.

We closed on our new house at the end of November and we moved in December 8th. We also had my family over for Christmas. We are still moving a few boxes over here and we have a lot of un-packing to do. Luckily we increased the size of our house by about 1000 square feet and we have lots of build-in storage here. It's a 1940's cape-cod style house. I absolutely love it! It has a lot of repairs that have to be done, but we are taking it one repair at a time. The only problem is we usually fix something just to have another thing break. Ugh!

I'm also 4 months pregnant and with all this work I'm doing, I think I'm causing myself to have some pretty strong braxton hicks. I'm trying to take it easy (not very successfully though) so we don't have to make a trip to the ER. We find out the sex on January 11th and I can't wait. I'm a little bit big for how far along I am, so I'm a little nervous with the fact that they might find two in there. I don't know if I would have the energy or money for two.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!