Friday, May 16, 2014

The Best Pizza Crust Recipe Ever!



I must share a recipe with you.  I only recently began using it for pizza.  I adapted it from a focaccia bread recipe.  I had been constantly changing the dough I use for pizza because there was always something I didn't like about it, but we have been using this one to make our weekly pizza for several months now.  I love that you can tell it has olive oil in it.   It also has the perfect pizza crust texture.  It is slightly chewy and not too doughy.  It tastes so good that we don't have leftovers when I make pizza any more.  I use to work at a well known pizza chain, so I know my pizza!

If only one pizza crust is required, either halve the recipe or freeze half.

To prevent big bubbles from forming in the middle of your pizza, poke it all over with a fork.

I use Hunts pasta sauce (garlic and herb variety).  That gives me enough to make 3 pizzas.  I usually only make one pizza at a time so I put the extra sauce into two Rubbermaid takealongs 1 cup containers for liquids.  You can find them here.  You want to leave about 1/2" room at the top.

Here it is ready to go in the oven.


Warm and cheesy, and making my kids beg to not wait for it to cool down

Pizza Crust

by: asimplehousewifesblog.blogspot.com
makes 2 pizza crust

5 1/2 cups bread flour (all-purpose can be used as a substitute)
1 package or 2 1/4 teaspoons fast rising yeast
1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups warm water (120F)
4 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
1-2 teaspoons garlic salt
Grated parmesan cheese (parmesan and Romano cheese can be used as a substitute)
Desired pizza sauce, toppings, cheese

In mixer bowl, combine flour, yeast, Italian seasoning, and 1 teaspoon salt.
With dough hook, stir in water and 3 Tablespoons olive oil for 5 minutes or until well mixed and dough is slightly sticky to touch.  If it is too moist, add flour a tablespoon at a time until it is the right consistency for bread.  If it is too crumbly and dry, add water a teaspoon at a time until it is the right consistency.
Cover bowl and let dough rise in a warm place until doubled in size (30-60 minutes)
Turn dough onto floured surface and gently knead for one minute to release air pockets.
Lightly oil two baking sheets or pizza pans.
Divide the dough in half and place each half on a baking sheet or pizza pan.
Press or roll into 12-14 inch rounds or into desired pizza shape.
Cover rounds with clean towels and let rise for approximately 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 400F.
Brush the crust of each round with 1/2 Tablespoon olive oil.  Sprinkle crust with 1/2 to 1 teaspoon garlic salt and grated parmesan cheese.
Put any kind of sauce, toppings, or cheese you like.
Bake for 15 mins or until crust is golden

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!